“My brother mistakenly formatted my hard drive which contains a lot of crucial files. Unfortunately, I don’t have any backup of these missing files and also I don’t know how to recover data from formatted hard disk drive. Can anybody suggest me a solution to restore lost data?
Don’t be panic! This is a common mistake but you can recover your important data easily from formatted hard drive with the help of proficient data recovery software. By reading this article you will know, what is formatting, how to recover formatted hard drive data and common reasons for hard disk formatting are
What is formatting?
Formatting means creating a new file system for a storage device (hard disk, flash disk, USB flash drives) to read and write data. Once you format the disk, operating system assigns new file system to that storage disk, it will test the disk to make sure that all sectors are readable or not, it will mark bad sectors present on the disk and create address table to locate information. In such way, your storage device gets ready to save data as it was in initial stage. In simple words, you left with an empty hard disk drive after formatting it.
How data recovery takes place after formatting the hard drive?
Formatting the disk does not erase data on the hard drive, only the address pointers in the file allocation table are deleted. The data remains same on the hard disk itself. Recover Hard Drive Data software is developed by using special algorithms and built in programs to scan the disk sector by sector for recovering data from formatted hard disk drive. To explore more about data recovery from hard drive, you can visit following link: recover-harddrivedata.com
Common Reasons for formatting hard drive
MBR corruption: MBR can be corrupted by a drive failure, virus infection and MBR overwriting. It may block your computer from booting. You may format the hard disk when MBR error is created and your system is unable to boot.
Accidental Formatting: While re- installing the operating system you may format the hard drive without taking any backup. You may accidentally format a partition drive instead of formatting another one.
Format Error: When you connect your external hard disk to the computer, it may throw format error asking you to format the disk. In case you have experienced the same and don’t know how to restore lost / formatted data from external hard drive, simply make use of the software.
Bad Sectors: Bad sectors are little clusters of data on your hard drive that cannot be read. Data stored in these bad sectors are not accessible, so you may format your hard drive.
File System Corruption: A file system on the hard drive gets corrupted because of power outages, improper shutdown, ejecting the external hard drives during read / write operation. A corrupted file system can cause data inaccessibility after that you may proceed to format the disk.
Best Features of Recover Hard Drive Data Software
- This software uses powerful methods to scan and recover formatted hard drive data. It can retrieve data from different hard drive types such as SATA / SCSI / IDE. It is also capable to restore data from formatted SD, xD, SDHC, microSD and other type flash memory cards, flash drives, iPods, etc.
- This application helps you to recover data even when hard disk drive is not booted or crashed. It can get back data from deleted or inaccessible partitions. Also it helps you in recovering data after partitioning errors.
- This tool has ability to recover files with Alternate Data Streams (ADS) attribute from a NTFS drive. Recovery of files from NTFS formatted drives is possible with the help of this application.
- It can also get back files deleted by shift + delete key combination or emptied from Recycle Bin or deleted from command prompt.
- More than 300 file types can be recovered with the help of this software. It includes Word documents music files, spreadsheets, zip archives, and other important file types.
- This tool provides you “Save Recovery Session” option, using that you can avoid rescanning your hard disk drive and resume the saving process anytime.
- This software offers preview option which helps you to preview recovered data before restoring it.
- You can view recovered files on the basis of file extension by using “File Type View” option and if you want to view files and folders in hierarchical format, then you can use “Data View” option.
- This software comes with in-built file compression tool that helps you in saving disk space by creating compressed zip archives of recovered files and folders.
Tips for avoiding data loss
- Implement backup solution and store important data in another storage device.
- You should not abruptly eject the external hard drives while the drive undergoes any process.
- While formatting a drive, you may format another drive mistakenly. So cross check the drive before hitting the format button on your computer.