Portable drive is non-volatile hardware device which effectively used to store files including audios, videos, images, documents of all formats. External portable drives typically came into existence where it can be attached to a computer through wires or wireless connection.
Portable drives are external storage devices that provide additional storage other than the available in computer. The great features of portable hard drives are data/files can be transferred to system easily and can be easily transported. It can be plugged into any system and files can be copied or transferred quickly.
If you are lost or deleted files from portable hard drive, don’t worry!!! The lost/deleted folders from portable drive can be easily retrieved by using third party tool named Portable Drive Recovery tool.
Steps to recover data from portable drive:
- Step 1: Download and install Portable Drive Recovery software on your operating system.
- Step 2: Connect the portable drive to your system and Run the application.
- Step 3: Select the Recover Drive option from main screen window after running application.
- Step 4: Select respective portable drive from the listed drive to get back data from that portable drive and click on Next option to proceed further.
- Step 5: Scanning process for recovery will be initiated, you can preview the restored files after successful completion of scan process.
- Step 6: If you are using demo version, buy the software to save Retrieved data on your desired location.
Factors responsible for loss of data from portable drive:
- Accidental deletion of data is the major human mistake; unknowingly you may delete important file while deleting the useless file which causes huge data loss.
- Formatting/Reformatting portable drive results in enormous amount of data/file lost.
- While transferring files from portable drive to computer or vice versa, if system turn off abruptly. There might be chases of losing data.
- Virus/Malware attack may also corrupt the file system which is inaccessible.
- Improper handling of portable drive or abrupt ejection may also leads to data corruption.
- Other element like use of tertiary tool, error while creating partition, file corruption on portable drive may erase the data permanently without throwing to recycle bin.
Way to Precaution:
- Keep backup before formatting portable drive which helps you to restore data easily.
- Download and update best antivirus application regularly to get rid of virus /malware infection.
- Abrupt ejection/improper Handling of portable drive should be avoided and taken care.
Portable hard drive recovery software: Overview
Portable drive recovery software is a recommended file recovery tool with strong inbuilt algorithms and scanning mechanism. This software is reliable to use and works absolutely fine on all versions of Windows and Mac operating system too. This software has an ability to recover data from corrupted hard disk, damaged SD card, memory card, USB drive, and iPods and so on. It performs file recovery from NTFS formatted drives. Formatted/deleted/lost data from portable drive can be easily retrieved within few minutes by simple steps without any hassle.